|Rocky Path (tryptych)
|Oops A Daisy (triptych)
|Changing Season (triptych)
About Melissa Reoch
Although Melissa’s painting journey only began in 2003, she has always been involved in the arts.
Her passion for wildlife and the environment began as a child, living in Warrandyte on a property adjoining parkland and the Yarra river. It was there that she spent many hours appreciating the beauty of nature.
Her inspiration begins with her eye for detail. Patterns, line, shape, tone and colours found in nature are featured strongly in her artwork composition.
Melissa has formal training in Airbrush technique which enables her to use acrylic to create fine details and realistic textures that capture the true essence of her subjects.
At the Wildlife Art Society Exhibition in 2004 she achieved a bronze medal for “On the Watch”. This was Melissa’s first time entering professionally in any exhibition. Melissa is an active member of the Wildlife Art Society, becoming a council member in 2005, then later in the year taking on the position of secretary. A keen environmentalist, she is a supporter of many conservation and preservation groups.
Art of nature is “to magnify the beauty of creation through art… stir an emotional response…stimulate personal environmental awareness and develop a passion to preserve this awesome planet.”
- 2004 Wildlife Art Society Annual exhibition – Bronze medal
- 2005 Melbourne International Flower and Garden show
- 2005 AGRA Gallery – Wildlife Art Society Exhibition
- 2005 Bird observers Club Centenary Exhibition
- 2005 Convent Gallery, Daylesford - Wildlife Art Society Contemporary exhibition
- 2006 Drouin Primary school exhibition
- 2006 Herring Island Summer Arts Festival
- April 26th – May 7th 2006 AGRA Gallery - Wildlife Art Society Exhibition
- April 29th – May 6th 2006 Camberwell Rotary Art Exhibition
- July 1st – 29th July 2006 Bird observers club - Wildlife Art Society Exhibition
- October 4th – 5th November 2006 Monsalvat, Eltham- Wildlife Art Society Exhibition
- November 8th 2006 – January 4th 2007 Solo Exhibition Convent Gallery Daylesford
- 2004 Bronze medal - Wildlife Art Society Annual exhibition
- 2006 Best Contemporary in show – Drouin Primary School Exhibition
For more on Melissa Reoch see