About John Lloyd
Born in Hobart, Tasmania, John studied Fine Art and Design at Tasmanian College of Advanced Education.
He moved to Melbourne in 1975 to play drums with 'The Highrise Bombers', Paul Kelly and The Dots, Paul Madigan and The Humans, and Peter Lillee and The Relaxed Mechanics.
John moved to Sydney in 1979 to join Flowers/Icehouse. He created artwork for cover of the Flowers "Icehouse" album. Toured the world extensively with Icehouse playing several major supports to Roxy Music, David Bowie, Simple Minds and XTC.
Worked as a copywriter at SSB and DDB Needham advertising agencies in Sydney, winning several finalist awards including The Australian Writers & Art Directors Award, International Film & TV Festival in New York, International Advertising Festival of New York and CLIO.
In 1988 created the "EAT" Ethiopia Aid Tonight concert raising funds for famine relief in Ethiopia at Sydney Entertainment Centre.
In 1992 moved to Byron Bay and began working as an artist.
- May '05 Pivotal Galleries, Melbourne - Solo Exhibition
- April '05 Canterbury Art Exhibition, Melbourne - Featured Artist
- March '05 John Lloyd Studio Gallery - Solo Exhibition
- August'04 Maree Mizon Gallery, Sydney
- May '04 Pivotal Galleries, Melbourne - Solo Exhibition
- Dec '03 Pivotal Galleries, Melbourne - Group Exhibition
- Feb '03 Bark Modern Art Gallery, Hong Kong, "Urban Landscape" - Group Exhibition
- Jan '03 Pantechnicon Gallery, Daylesford - Group Exhibition